Saturday, August 29, 2009

Never Give Up

Never Give Up has become our family’s mantra… I may wake up some days feeling of no hope whatsoever but as soon as I see my daughter Mylee’s bright smile, it reminds me of her carefree attitude and joy for life! Despite her disabilities she seems to carry herself through the day and live life to its fullest! That is why, it is my mission to bring awareness to our communities about this disabling disease she has been forced to endure – Chiari Malformation.
I hope you will join Mylee in her fight to beat Chiari Malformation, Syringomyelia and its related disorders. The 2nd Annual Miracle Race for Mylee Grace and her Chiari & Syringo friends is being held on Sunday, September 20th, 2009 at Kiwanis Park in Tempe, Arizona. We will have vendor booths set up on the North Soccer field, music by DJ Kaz, appearances by Ronald McDonald and NBA Phoenix Suns Gorilla, raffle prizes and fun! Check-in and late registration will begin at 7am. Ronald McDonald along with Mike Scarpone, CEO of the American Syringomyelia & Chiari Alliance Project will kick off the 2-mile charity walk at 7:30am. All donations from this event will benefit ASAP. We hope you will come out to join in this awesome celebration. Together we will win this fight! Never Give Up!!
For more information and registration to the 2nd Annual Miracle Race, go to www.myleegrace.com.

Fall
You may see me struggle
but you wont see me fall.
Regardless if I'm weak or not I'm going to stand tall.
Everyone says life is easy
but truly living it is not.times get hard,
people struggle
& constantly get put on the spot.
I'm going to wear the biggest smile
even though I want to cry.
I'm going to fight to live
even though I'm destined to die.
and even though it's hard & I may struggle through it all.
you see me struggle...you will NEVER see me fall.
by Joyce Alcantara



Thank you for your support,

Sara Eaton (Mylee’s mommy)
Never Give UP!!

No comments: